Thank you for your interest in Little School of Music!
Is Little School of Music the right fit for what you are looking for in a music education program? If you are comparing programs and prices, make sure you know what is included before committing.
Little School of Music Highlights to Consider
- Music and Beyond – “At Little School of Music, students learn more than just how to play an instrument and read music. They develop important life skills. Students learn discipline, work towards achieving goals, and build their confidence and individual character. Creative music making is the tool we use to inspire and unlock the potential that lives in each of us.” -Mindy Cabral, owner
- Accreditation – Little School of Music is fully Accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Little School of Music is also a Royal Conservatory of Music Founding School and Assessment Center in Santa Clarita.
- Honors & Awards – Little School of Music has recently been recognized as the “Best Music School in Santa Clarita” by The Signal. In addition, our students have received numerous awards for their participation in Music Festivals and Competitions including the very prestigious National Gold Medal from the Royal Conservatory of Music Certificate Program, and the Heritage Music Festival Maestro Awards (for individual performances) and Gold and Silver Awards (for ensemble performances). Our students have performed for the Royal Conservatory of Music Festival of Excellence Honors Recital at USC, as well as at Carnegie Hall, and internationally. Many students have gone on to top colleges to purse higher education including careers in music.
- Professional Music Teachers – Our music teachers hold music degrees from major Universities and Music Conservatories throughout the country. They are highly trained musicians and experienced teachers who share their passions for music and learning with their students and throughout the local community. All teachers have been FBI background checked and fingerprinted.
- Professional Affiliations – Little School of Music and many of our music teachers are members and Board Members of professional music organizations: Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM Certified Music Teachers), Music Teachers’ Association of California (MTAC), Music Teachers National Association (MTNA), California Association of Professional Music Teachers (CAPMT), among others.
- Custom Tailored Instruction – Individual customized lesson plans and instructional videos are developed by our professional music teachers for each lesson and class (this is not a generalized “for the masses” music program). In addition to learning well rounded musicianship skills (playing an instrument, reading music, proper playing techniques, ear training, and repertoire), students will also develop their individual character, self confidence, focus, concentration, discipline, cooperative collaboration, social skills, and leadership skills.
- Multiple Instruments & Ensembles – Instruction is available for all instruments and voice. Many students take a secondary instrument and/or join an ensemble to gain more experience playing in a group. This promotes better listening skills and social awareness. Ensemble playing is highly encouraged once students have some experience playing their instrument.
- School Recitals – Little School of Music has a beautiful performance space featuring the MTAC SCV Branch 7.5’ Yamaha C7 Concert Grand Piano. School Recitals, performances, and events are hosted here throughout the year.
- Music Festivals & Other Performances – In addition to school recitals, Little School of Music hosts local organization performances including: Federation of Music Clubs Festival, Southern California Junior Bach Festival, MTAC Branch Recitals and Events (Strings Certificate of Merit, Sonatina Festival, Contemporary Festival, Romantic Festival, and more). Our music ensembles and private students participate in local community performances at the Town Center Mall, The Canyon, the Public Library, as well as participate in Music Festivals throughout Southern California.
- Learning Experience – At Little School of Music, we believe learning should be fun and fit the needs, learning style, and interests of each student. Our music teachers take a positive, appropriate approach to provide an encouraging experience for our students of all ages.
- Learning Environment – Our comfortable, clean environment is specifically designed for music education. Rooms are sound treated and equipped with the necessary materials, instruments, and tools needed for music instruction. relaxing for parents and guests to wait if you choose to come in.
- Security and Safety – We take your security and safety seriously. Little School of Music music teachers are FBI background checked and finger printed, we have security cameras inside every instructional room and throughout the building, there are large windows to see inside every teaching studio, and we have an open door policy so parents may sit in lessons with their children if they are more comfortable. Teachers have been trained on necessary evacuation procedures should something happen while at the school. All online lessons are recorded from the beginning to the end of the lesson time. Access to the online lesson requires a password, and acceptance by the teacher into the online meeting. Screen shares by guests have been disabled and other recommended security settings have been set to ensure a safe online learning experience for our students.
- Community Reputation – Little School of Music opened in 2005 and is the leading, premier music school in the Santa Clarita Valley. We have a strong following and support the local community and other local music organizations including the Music Teacher’s Association of California, Nick Rail Music, and the Santa Clarita Valley Youth Orchestra.
- Teacher Access/Communication – You can contact your teacher by email anytime.
- Staying Relevant – Our music teachers are educated in all areas of instruction and continue to research and participate in professional development sessions to remain current with learning approaches and use of technology.
- Clear Instruction – Written out instructions and assignments specific to the student or class is provided for each lesson. Teachers may also include additional music, links, videos, and other learning tools that will be helpful for the student.
- Small Group Class Sizes – Group classes are limited to only 8 students per class. This environment gives students a social experience, an opportunity to learn from their piers, promotes healthy practice habits at home, and allows for individual time with the teacher.
- 1-1 Instruction – Individual Instruction and Group Classes both include 1-1 time with the teacher. Instruction is available in-person and live online with the teacher.
- In-Person and Online Instruction – Little School of Music offers in-person and online music instruction. (Please note, in-person instruction does require all visitors and guests to follow the current COVID policies.)
- Access to Music Education Apps – Little School of Music has a long list of fun music apps and programs that can be incorporated in lesson and classes depending on the level, instrument, and musical goals of the student. Some of these are FREE for Little School of Music students to use in lessons and at home.
For more information please click the GET STARTED button below, or call the front desk